Deadline naars: BLA releases dramatic footage of alleged captive Pakistani troops
Rugged terrain, Armed guards: Inside the viral BLA hostage video showing seven abducted Pakistani soldiers
The video surfaced as the group’s self-declared deadline for a proposed prisoner exchange approaches on February 22.
In the footage, the alleged soldiers are seen kneeling on the ground, flanked by armed men. The clip appears to have been filmed in a rugged, mountainous region.
The group has warned that the captives will face execution if its demands are not met.
However, Pakistani military officials have reportedly denied that any soldiers are missing or being held by militants, contradicting the visuals circulating online, according to a report by India Today.
In the video, the individuals identified as army personnel are seen holding what appear to be official service cards and national identity documents on camera.
Earlier local media reports had claimed that seven Pakistani soldiers were abducted by the separatist group.
What is the Balochistan Liberation Army?
The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) is a separatist militant organisation operating in Pakistan’s Balochistan province. It has been involved in a long-running insurgency seeking greater autonomy or independence for the region.
In 2025, the U.S. Department of State designated the BLA, along with its alias the Majeed Brigade, as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO). The Majeed Brigade was also added as an alias under the BLA’s existing Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) designation.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Trump says 200% tariff threat forced India-Pakistan ceasefire: ‘Nothing like money’
Washington DC/IBNS: US President Donald Trump on Thursday reiterated his claim that he acted as a mediator between India and Pakistan during last year's military standoff, asserting that the threat of steep tariffs compelled both nations to resolve the conflict.

UN report raises alarm over possible ethnic cleansing in Gaza, West Bank
Increased Israeli attacks and the forced transfer of Palestinians have sparked concern over ethnic cleansing in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, the UN human rights office, OHCHR, said in a report issued on Thursday.

'We Are Taking Back Control': Canadian Finance Minister Champagne on CUSMA, Asian Trade Shift
Ottawa: Finance Minister François-Philippe Champagne declared that Canada is "taking back control of our Canadian economy" amid uncertainties surrounding the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA), emphasising diversification through strengthened ties with Asian trade partners.

Trump warns Iran to make 'meaningful deal' as US military buildup intensifies in Middle East
US President Donald Trump has warned Iran that it must agree to a “meaningful” deal amid a large-scale American military buildup in the Middle East, saying the United States may be forced to “take it further” if diplomacy fails, media reports said.
Latest News

Language and scripts should not be politicised; parents must speak mother tongue at home: says HM Amit Shah

Supreme Court takes 'extraordinary' step, puts Bengal SIR under judicial oversight

NPCI promotes digital payments safety awareness for senior citizens

15 Tripura battalion NCC scripts history with complete NER representation at national camps

