Murder trial of three Pakistani people in UK to begin on October 7 over death of 10-year-old girl last year
The trial date for three Pakistani people, who are accused of murdering a 10-year-old girl in Surrey, has been set by a UK court on October 7.
British-Pakistani Urfan Sharif, 42, Beinash Batool, 29, and Urfan’s brother, Faisal Malik, 28, all of whom were living with the child before her death, have pleaded not guilty to the charges, reported Dawn News.
They are also facing allegations of causing or allowing the death of a child.
They have denied the allegations so far.
The trial in the incident is expected to last seven weeks.
After the Surrey Police discovered the body on August 8 last year after receiving a call from Pakistan.
A post-mortem examination revealed that she had suffered “multiple and extensive injuries,” likely sustained over an extended period, reported Dawn News.
The exact cause of the death of the girl still remains undetermined.
Authorities said the death was probably 'unnatural'.
The trio escaped to Islamabad with the victims' five siblings.
After remaining in hiding for more than a month, the trio returned to the UK when they were arrested on September 13.
IBNS
Senior Staff Reporter at Northeast Herald, covering news from Tripura and Northeast India.
Related Articles

Love in Canberra! Australian PM Albanese ties the knot with Jodie Haydon
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese married his partner Jodie Haydon on Saturday, becoming the first sitting leader in the country to wed while in office.

Operation Sagar Bandhu: India sends NDRF teams, 21 tonnes of aid to cyclone-ravaged Sri Lanka
Colombo/IBNS: The Indian Air Force (IAF) on Saturday transported 21 tonnes of relief supplies, more than 80 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel, and eight tonnes of specialised equipment to Sri Lanka to support thousands displaced by severe flooding.

US: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom, who was shot by Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal, dies, announces Trump
US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced that one of the National Guard members, who was shot by a gunman in Washington DC, close to the White House, has died.

Horror in Hong Kong: Deadly fire disaster leaves 94 dead and a city in shock
The death toll in the Hong Kong high-rise housing complex blaze, one of the deadliest recorded in the region in recent times, has touched 94, media reports said.
Latest News

'Congratulations to my good friend': Modi’s heartwarming wish for newly married Aussie PM Anthony Albanese

Realme C85 5G launched in India: You won’t believe what this budget phone offers

Realme P4x launching on Dec 4 with a 7000mAh battery, Dimensity 7400 Ultra 5G chipset, and the new Realme Watch 5

Tripura’s first Commercial Coffee Common Facility centre inaugurated at Kailashahar

